What Information Does Nic.LC Collect?
Here are the types of information we gather from visitors to Nic.LC:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way, such as by telephone or by electronic mail. For example, we are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), the organization which assumes responsibility for domain name allocation, to collect information about you during the domain name registration process. This information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number. We also collect certain financial information from you during the domain name registration process. Namely, when you apply to register a domain name through Nic.LC, we may require you to provide a credit card number and billing address before we will process that application.
- Automatic Information: Nic.LC may use "cookies." We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, our servers track the type of Web browser you are using, and the page to which you link from Nic.LC. We collect this information to better develop a sense of what services our customers need and not to track your individual usage patterns.
Does Nic.LC Share the Information It Receives?
ICANN recommends that Nic.LC make available your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number, as well as the creation and expiration dates of your domain name registration and the nameserver information associated with your domain name, to the public via an interactive Web page and a "port 43" WHOIS service. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice we will refer to this information as your "WHOIS Information." Please note that we may not be able to control how members of the public may use the WHOIS Information. Nic.LC makes available to the public only such information that it deems is necessary to know and contact the registrant. However, all other information can be requested form Nic.LC or one of its registrars.
If you have opted-into receiving information about products and services provided by Nic.LC's partners and affiliates, we will share your name, address, phone number, email address, in addition to information provided by you in response to our opt-in survey, so that our partners and affiliates may contact you regarding the products and services in which you have expressed interest.
Except as set out in this Privacy Notice, you will receive notice when personal information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share that information. We share personal information as described below:
- Agents: We engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments, providing marketing assistance, providing customer services, sending postal mail and email to you, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and analyzing data. These persons have access to personal information needed to perform their functions.
- Service Providers: We engage other companies and individuals to perform enhanced services on our behalf. For example, we have engaged Register.com to provide back-end registry functions and some registrar functions and services to our domain name registrants. Many of our service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their services.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if Nic.LC, or all or substantially all of its assets were ever to be acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Nic.LC and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Registration Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Nic.LC, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
From time to time, Nic.LC may use your personal information to contact you by electronic mail concerning your use of our services. These communications are intended to inform you of important information regarding your account, or about general services provided by Nic.LC. If you do not want to receive email from us regarding service updates, please click the "unsubscribe link" at the bottom of any email you receive from Nic.LC. We will, however, continue to send you email regarding your account administration and necessary information, such as renewal information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. You can further help to ensure your security by taking a few simple precautions. For instance, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your Nic.LC username and password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
Nic.LC may give you access to certain information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Sites Other Than Nic.LC
Although Nic.LC is committed to protecting your privacy, not all other Web sites are as conscientious. Therefore, Nic.LC cannot be responsible for the content or privacy policies of other Web sites including those of advertisers to which it may link and those which link to Nic.LC. This Privacy Notice applies only to the information collected by this Web site. We ask that you review the privacy policies of every online service you use before submitting personal information.
Nic.LC does not sell services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Nic.LC only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Nic.LC, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Registration Agreement, including limitations on damages, and application of the law of Saint Lucia. If you have any concern about privacy at Nic.LC, please click here to contact Customer Support and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Registration Agreement will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. Our third-party advertising company also separately places or recognizes a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to this site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here.