A Registrar is an individual or entity that is certified by Nic.LC to apply on behalf of applicants and registrants to register, transfer, renew or modify .lc domain names in the registry.
Registrars provide services to applicants to register and maintain domain names in the .lc domain, provide registration information update services for registrants, and are entitled to bill registrants for these services.
In order to be accredited as a Registrar, a person or organization must meet the Qualifications Requirements, pay all applicable fees and/or deposits; provide services as per the minimum service requirements; sign a Registrar Agreement; know the Registration Rules and the domain system in general; and abide by the technical rules and specifications for Registrars.
To become a Registrar
1) Read the relevant documents, including the Procedures, policies and accreditation requirements for Registrars and the Registar frequently asked questions.
2) Complete the online Expression of Interest form. Nic.LC will then courier a package that you will be required to complete.
3) Fill out and sign the Registration Agreement, and return two copies of the filled out pages and signature pages via email or fax.
4) Fill out and sign the Registrar Application Process Form and return a copy to Nic.LC via email or fax.
5) Once you have met the necessary requirements, provided all required information, your application should take less than 1 week to process.